Thursday, August 27, 2009


50% retracement, yesterdays low, 20 sma, red bar. i liked it. could have held on longer but SPY but in a green engulfing candle so i figured i take my money and run. also, during the lunchtime consolidation i was thinking about shorting it, or longing it because it was now above the 20 sma. i guess long was the way to go. just trying to stay green for the week.




playing a set up my friend does. minimum 8 red bars down. then you wait for a green bar. well, we didn't wait and i got shook out the first time. though, for the first time, i had brains to get back in along with some persuading from my friend. i was looking for .50 but couldn't wait. i have to learn to be patient. it really is amazing. you can sit in a losing trade for an hour, but you can't sit in a winner for 10 mins. actually, i need to "own" that statement as the meditation cd would say. therefore, I can sit in a losing trade for an hour but I can't sit in a winner for more than 10 minutes. though, if i had sat in them to long it looks like they would have become losers. i would say another good day, especially after being down big (for me) right as i put on my first trade. i hate missing those moves in aig but i know i would have piked out for .30 cents. must remain focused and watch time/sales and level 2.