Monday, September 28, 2009
















tyring my hand at waiting for the momo. i wanted to buy APPL around .61 but there was no momo, but then it ran. i picked it up as it pulled back from highs. POT i was trying to buy as a bounce off of yesterday's highs. then, it didn't seem to be working so i shorted it, just playing the chop. my real momo play of the day was IBM. big volume, breaking lows, i actually got into it for 600 shares, holy cow! it was more of an accident though. i was saying to myself lets get into this stock big time and i hit my tier 5 key, then when i wanted to add to the short a few minutes later i didn't change my tier size, and wound shorting 500 for a total of 600. it preceded to run up to 120 level, which scared me, but i held. i got out of the first 300 very quickly because it was too large size for me to take on. then i tried to slowly take off the rest. the final 100 i told myself to hang onto, and i tried, my mental stop was at .88 but when it rallied up and down a few times, i just got out at the low of the day. the stock went on to crumble as i am looking now. live and learn.
i think i am the one preventing myself from making money. need to keep focused, take slightly larger share size and not be in fear of this larger share size, that is the problem. i am scared to lose $40, i don't know why.
another thing, i will be heading off again to get the "paycheck" for a few months, starting in early october. it doesn't help with me coming and going. before i left, i was extremely focused. now that i am back, i know i am leaving again and it's hard for me to concentrate. but, it's nice to earn some money now and again, since trading isn't doing that for me at the moment. one day i hope to look back at all this and say wow, look how far i've come. time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment