Monday, January 4, 2010

new year, new start

okay, so i am starting over in some ways. i signed up for stocktickr and instead of putting in all of my old trades, i am starting fresh right now. i am down about 3k in my account since starting my trading last march plus a few hundred for scanner and newsletters (no more newsletters).

i have also spent 1k for rent (office plus internet). some folks say they can trade from home, and i think i can as well, but starting out, i believe it is a benefit to have a mentor teach me the ropes. we split the rent, which is great for me, and helps him out as well.

this was the first day back. i got rid of most of my scans and am trying to focus on the high/low ticker. right now it scans nyse and nasdaq but i need to set it up for qqqq/nyse or sandp. we will see. it is also scanning for very fast moving stocks. coming back to trading after a break, all i see is a lot of noise and it is extremely hard to decipher moves as it happens.

i am trying to figure out how scott at fandg gets it done. we will see. i am giving this process a year and after that, i got to get the paycheck.

for now, my problems are as usual, lack of confidence and a fear of freedom. i believe i am afraid of being successful at trading. we are all taught, work hard, earn paycheck, thats life. trading is a whole other beast. it is very easy at the end of the day (or hour) for that matter and say all i had to do was hold, but it is the hardest thing.

enough blabber. here are the charts.





































later in the day. no executions shown on chart



























just checked out stocktickr and i remember i need to start using R to figure out my share size. the problem with me is that i only want to risk $25 per trade and i have to buy multiples 100 so:

.10 stop = 250 shares

.15 stop = 166 shares

.25 stop = 100 shares.

how do i overcome my the problem of not being able to trade odd lots?

increase my risk? i would prefer not to. if i risk $25 a trade, i can take four bad trades. if i risk $50 per trade, i will only allow myself 2 losing trades on the day. maybe i need to increase risk per trade to $35 per trade. then i can take on some share size and still feel comfortable at 3 losing trades on the day and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment