Thursday, February 11, 2010

ok day, could have been better



































retrace. consolidate. was watching with my buddy. pulled the trigger when he got in around .75. i wanted to sell the 11:15 red bar, but he told me to hold on. let it come to your stop. it isn't worth taking .15 when you should be playing for .50 or 1. he was right.

















gap down. retrace. consolidate. tight stop. i should have had more shares but i seem to be more risk averse after my bad day last friday. did well the rest of the day. i only sold because i wanted to lock in the profit and call it a day.

















about 1 minute too early. got in long after the doji candle. set stop 2 pennies below at .63. stock traded down to .60 and got me out. i should have gotten back in after the green bar but i was too busy watching my other positions.


















this is a trade where trading 25 shares would have helped me. i wanted in but i didn't want to give it to the bottom of that previous big candle although that is where the proper stop would have been. i said to myself, i would like to get in around .60. instead, i bought right away and just close the position because i wasn't willing to give it .40 cents. if i was able to trade 25 shares, i would have bought my 25, and then bought more around the .60 cent area where i wanted.

but i told myself, instead of switching brokers, i need to wait for my price and then get in. i did not do it with FDX and if i would have waited i would have gotten my shares at my price, and had some nice profit.

i really don't want to switch brokers. it is a huge hassle to learn new software. the software i have now is great although, they don't really offer any trade management orders. i am going to see what happens over the next week with waiting for my prices.


















scalping it. nothing really that fancy. i should have gotten in on the short though. i saw it happening but didn't want to give it 40 cents to work. again, 25 shares would have helped here.

No comments:

Post a Comment