Wednesday, July 14, 2010


exited all my trades because my executor started dropping again and i got nervous. i didn't want to get stuck in positions i couldn't get out of.

what amazes me. when i first started trading i thought that you could trade stocks independent of the what the market was doing. then in reviewing my trades, the ones that always worked was because the market was going in the same direction. just like here, it was a nice long setup on the 15min and it eventually caved with the market.

man, would i have loved that first spot around 1030





again, exited because executor was dropping. maybe part of me didn't think the positions would work out, but when you see the executor dropping 3 or 4 times, you start to get nervous.



i have to say, i love these 15 min charts. they slow everything down. you are not scrolling through your charts non stop every minute trying to find a good setup. you can scroll the last 5 minutes before the 15 min candle changes and see what is happening. slows everyday down, makes my day easier. well, this is only one day really at it. i would like to trade the 10 min, seems like a nice blend of the 5 and the 15, but in all honesty, there is something about them i can't pinpoint yet.

hope everyone had a good day today.

i think i am going to start linking some new music whenever i get a chance. dtf got me fired up again about music. although, i would call myself a musician, my feelings for listening to other folks music comes and goes. or for that matter, even my own desire to play.

the funny thing is, my laptop sound doesn't work so i don't even no if its a good recording or not. oh well. this one i know sounds good because i linked dtf last night from my trading computer.



band of horses

2 comments:

  1. nice trading Josh - looks like they were all winners. Way to hold onto some of those!

    Band of Horses == great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. winner winner chicken dinner! yay, i can eat tonight.

    it was amazing when i saw the 5 minute chart. i was really just watching the 15 min chart, had some music cranking, and was working on a little bit of the event planning, and the time flew by. i didn't realize i was in the trades that long.

    ReplyDelete