Thursday, April 22, 2010

mental block

















trying to buy the pullback a few times.

















breaking highs failure

















breaking highs failure. nice re-entry possible on that red hammer around noon.

















crazy wick around 1030 due to some greece news

















what a champ. a few nice points of entry. i never took it

















breaking highs. not the best

















the up move, then the down move, and then the up move again. unreal

















i tried breaking the highs and on a pullback.



















wow, what a run up. i wasn't believing it.

















bought the pullback. exited after the huge volume bar.

















i passed up that purchase on the horizontal line.


















ipo junk.

















this actually would have been a nice trade. i was looking at the chart below all day.

















stopped out as it was breaking highs. had a nice entry an hour later.


















breaking highs failure.

















should i say anything about this trade besides i need to lose the mental block that is stopping me from these great trades like aapl today and gs a few days ago. i had this one, no stop out, but i closed it after i was up $75 or so. i said, its not going to break 52 week highs. then it pulled back again, i should have caught that and re-entered. but i didn't see the pullback. this mofo ripped until the end of the day. i couldn't even get a point out of it. unreal.

i need to get rid of the anxiety when i am in a position. when i am in a loser i don't really feel anxiety. i feel anxiety when i have a winner, i don't want to give back any dough. i need to get this out of my head.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post Joshua. Informative to follow someone else working thru the learning curve. Great entry on AAPL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hopefully we all get through this process sane. I should have had a huge day but there is something inside stopping me from achieving success. One of the books I read I recall them saying there is a fear of success. We are taught, go to school, get job, earn paycheck, work 30 years, retire. This idea of trading the markets for a living was never shown to me when I was young. I don't believe it is possible to make money this way. In fact, I don't know why most people with white collar jobs get paid. I can understand a carpenter, electrician, or bridge painter (like my father). They can see their work being accomplished. There is a physical aspect to their job meaning, they can touch and see their work. Is it fair that traders can sit at their computers and make thousands per day? No,I don't think so. But, if someone is going to have that opportunity, I think it should be me rather than them. I just need to believe that it is possible and stop putting up my mental block. I asked Scott about it and he put up a nice post.

    F'in AAPL. Today was the day brother! Now, I will go hard tomorrow and get rocked. That is how it goes.

    ReplyDelete