Monday, April 26, 2010

wacky day




































crazy. down and then up.


















inside day






































retracement didn't work.

strange inside day. i really didn't see much i wanted to trade. i can't believe that RIMM went down and then up. what a run.

i keep telling myself that i need one good day to prove to myself i can do this. but, re-reading the "trading in the zone" i realize i need to have that mindset to begin with. i don't need the market to prove to me i can do it. i need to know that i can do it. much more mental work ahead if i am going to succeed.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Wish I had some advice for you, especially advice coming from years of successful trading... but it might be awhile =)

    Interestingly enough, to me it felt like the market was moving and offering opportunity today. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take advantage of it. Here's to good trading tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. That is funny you thought the market was moving and I thought it was dead. It shows you how the market can be interpreted by two people. I guess what made me feel it was dead was that the indices stayed within their 1st hour or so morning ranges, what i call an inside day. i like when the market breaks the highs or lows of the first half hour.

    also, none of the trades i put on really worked well. on a day where i would think it was moving, most likely all my trades would have gone another dollar or so before i got out.

    i just couldn't believe the move RIMM made. unreal! but it shows, plan for the probability but be ready for any possibility ala fear and greed.

    its all a mental game at this point.

    i hope one day we look back at these blog entries and see how far we have come.

    ReplyDelete