Wednesday, June 23, 2010
















































short, double up, exit some, get stopped out on rest. later in the day, just look at the orders below. yee haw! there were some ballsy trades in there. buying as the candle was going nasty red but using the previous hammer bar as my out.

what is funny though, during the first trade, when the QLD made that red hamer, i said to myself, this is a brand new candle formation. it going up from here. but i didn't want to exit the trade because of it. my stop was too lose by. then, once the previous short proves invalid, it is too far from the bottom of the hammer. but if i had any sense, i would have set up an alert near the bottom of the hammer and bought there again. it would have worked well.
















i said to myself, this can go to zero for all i know. so i entered, albeit, late. the real entry was the doji with above the doji. and then most likely, lower the stop to where it was on the chart (green dot).

















just seeing what it looks like with 8ema, it would have kept you in the trade for a nice move.


















look into the mind of a trading genius....ha, just kidding, use it to figure out the qld trades
















gdx,abx, and numerous other gold stocks were hitting highs. i found the one lacking and went for it. decent hammer formation. i used to do this with stocks but it never seemed to work for me. the lagging one would just lag, and i would say to myself, just buy the one that is moving. but scott had said he does this so i figured i would give it a try. i think the exit is almost perfect. i didn't wait for it to get .03 below the previous bar, but the other gold ticks were ticking down much harder. i give it a B+ trade.


tough day trading wise. i couldn't really get a decent direction going. but i was patient, and played cautiously because of the fed announcement.

5 comments:

  1. Dude - looks like you are running profitable! That is great man; nothing better for the confidence than some profit.

    I gotta start paying for the new comp... Heh.

    Actually - think I will be paper for quite a bit yet. I like the exercise I am doing - I like that I am trading less. Going to be interesting to see what happens with the boredom factor... new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most of my day is boring waiting for the trades to set up. i really think that is how it is supposed to be. we are not in it for the gamble or the thrill of betting. we are in it to make a living. it requires patience to wait for the high probability setup. all that waiting leads to boredom.

    i was talking to tarigal about being bored. and how i don't want to sit in a trade for 3 hours to make $50. but most people would kill for the opportunity. tarigal said their head trader said something to the effect, "you want boring, try flipping burgers for 8 hours a day". at first i agreed with that statement, but then i thought, flipping burgers is probably more fun. you get different orders, different speeds at which the orders come, working with other folks. when i worked at a restaurant, it was a blast. sitting here checking every 5 minutes to see if the candle is setting up is bboooorriing.

    don't get me wrong i love the challenge, but 60% of my day is boring. 10% is spent with distractions like playing on the internet, 20% flipping through charts (which is still boring) and about 10% of joy when i am in a trade and its working or not. as long as i stick to the plan i'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well - maybe this boredom is a sign that I am making it to the big time =p

    The reason it struck me today was that I was reading another book - one I ordered awhile back ('What I learned losing a million dollars') that talks about the difference between betting/speculating/investing. He said the same thing you just said: in it for the excitement then you are betting.
    I would not have called myself a bettor - but that boredom creeping in and me not really feeling like trading was a reality check. Heh. Humdingers.

    The 9:40-ish move was my move today. If I wouldn't have been napping I would of been in.

    I wonder if boredom/losing focus is the next challenge.

    Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. boredom may well just be your next test. i find myself fighting naps from 1215-230 even on a full nights rest. but some of those moves, like you saw today, are incredible and very easy to catch if you were awake.

    why would you have gone long, due to that 3 candle consolidation you talked about awhile ago?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. Looked like a S/R channel to me, and it broke out with market support.

    ReplyDelete