Wednesday, June 30, 2010

i don't remember why i went long but it was the right move. i chickened out, as usual.

i was watching this stock and took my eye off it for 5 minutes i think while i was watching IBM. i missed that doji and was pretty upset.

shorting lows, it was a difficult hold. they were trying hard to keep it up. i decided to close but i believe this was the correct decision.

i was short and watching closely. when it took out my stop i decided to go long since it based around that level for 15mins. i actually took 200 shares but got scared. i sold 100 and let the other 100 trade. only closed because i got frustrated and tired of watching the market. like i have said before, trading 100 shares isn't going to pay me enough anymore. i need 200 shares in order to feel like i am getting paid for my work.

i don't know what to say. i don't want to look at the chart right now. all i can say is i was truly believing the market was going to go down from the signals i was seeing but i kept getting stopped out. i must say, i tried extremely hard to hold onto the short in the afternoon. i finally gave in. but, i really fought the urge to close, so i think i made progress.


closed it like an idiot.

closed like an idiot



very rough day for me. i tried really hard to stick to the plan but i just kept getting stopped out. i had the right idea, but didn't time it well. very frustrating for me. i really wanted to smash a keyboard. i was doing as many pushups as possible. what can i say...

so many trades would have worked if i wasn't afraid but boy....

i'm done, burnt out.

lets see what tomorrow brings.

3 comments:

  1. Hey buddy - don't sweat it.

    Maybe try paper trading a bit? It might get that subliminal big number thing going on - trade like there is no tomorrow. Just to see what happens. You can't do worse than some of my real days. Go for it. Take a break, experiment. Build your confidence back up. Get used to seeing big winners. You have the entries - I see them on your charts.

    Here is some of what I have been trying to do over the last few days. Most of my stops have been on the opposite end of what I would normally do. For example, if I was going short, the stop would be placed above the prior candle high - all the way up on the wick. This is much more of a stop then I am used to setting. Sometimes I tighten as it fizzles, but it usually goes in the expected direction. I figure why not - I am only paper trading. The tightening was actually a detriment today - the afternoon ETF stops.

    Just an idea. Heh - I am not quite following thru on all of this, still some things keeping me back, but that is the goal. Success is going to come. I can smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah man, thanks for the advice. i don't have an account to papertrade, lightspeed doesn't allow it. did you tell me that i can papertrade with ninja trader?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup - default at startup. Change the account/reset the account under tools/options. You will need a data feed. Let me know if you want to try it and need some help setting up.

    ReplyDelete