Wednesday, September 22, 2010






nice breakdown after a long consolidation period. i got decently short. and then it just seemed to stall at .28 or so. i was thinking, this ticker is going down, the q's may be rolling over, but this APOL is holding strong what is the deal. after it hammered on the 5 i believed i had to close it. obviously the move would have been to go long at that point but my gut wasn't saying that, it was only saying "get out"



just for memory. i like the 12:45 doji after the decent up move.



this is for memory. it is from 9/21. i forgot to put it up. i like the 10:30'ish doji. nice down move, pop up, doji, boom lets get it on mister market.



long morning consolidation. put my position on. exited as it felt like it was done. apparently, it was done for then, but came back later. i don't believe the market was pushing up at this point, and the spread was getting a little wacky, so i exited. although, i have noticed the spreads get wackier as the stocks start to move.



oops. exited NFG at the same time as KMX. it felt like it popped to hard at that moment. i would say i did read short term momo correctly on both of these stocks because i exited pretty well looking at the 5 but, i missed a major major major move. exited from lack of confidence in the set up. i will be running this through my head again and again. same setup as BIDU, and i think BIDU went 2 points or so.



another good day. i don't count yesterday's fed meeting, lol. i can't seem to get past this hurdle of 100/200 dollars. i was talking with DTF about it, and like he says, you have to get over it now, then in the future. to me, it's incredible he can swing 1000 in winners, and 1000 in losers. I would love to be able to do that. my brain just shuts down. i don't want to give back any of that money. but i know in order to make a living, i need to be getting 300-500 a day in profits consistenly. i don't know why this is such a hurdle but it is. i will have to visualize my PnL moving up over 100, to 200, 300 and then up and up. i really think visualizing these charts at night is helping so we will see if it helps with the PnL.


2 comments:

  1. Great trades bro - I admire the fact that you can book the profits. Profits are profits. Seems your EOD numbers have been green ever since you got back from the trip back east.

    I need to figure out how to get rid of 50% of my losers... Maybe it is in my reversals - I get stopped on a lot of them. Then - the ones I don't pick end up going crazy... I must not be thinking correctly on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe scale out, lol. who knows. that is what is super exciting for you. if you can just lessen you losers, you'd be killing it. maybe set yourself a daily goal and stop there.

    ReplyDelete