Monday, September 27, 2010


Nice setup. closed because AIG was not taking place in the rally that started.
BIDU: The beast that kinda got away. I scaled out the first half around .65 because for me, that is "crazy not to". Second half, I was very tense and nervous and looking for the elusive $1 trade. The best part, I hit out when it showed it was up 1.03 and it closed the position +.98 so technically, no $1 trade for me yet. LOL. on of a gun went on a trip afterwards.



DNDN: I think I need the one minute chart up but I forgot to get it. I'll try to post it tomorrow. I remember it had some neat patterns on the 1 min. Nice doji on the 5 though.



EDU: DTF's nugget of gold today. That is one for the memory book. If that isn't stair stepping down, I don't know what is.



MON: I had a few longs on at this point but the chart of the q's was so horrible I was looking for a stock to short to hedge my longs. I don't know why I missed EDU but I did pick up on MON. Excellent looking chart. I closed because market starting running up. I never though this would continue down.



QQQQ: I don't know what planet I was on but I didn't see any of this down move. Maybe I was bringing the dog to the groomer at this point. I hope so.



SGEN: I would say a decent chart. Something seems a bit off to me with this chart as I review it but I can't pinpoint it. I am proud of the fact that I went after a $14 stock, because usually I pass those up only to see them move a dollar or two.


I would have to say another good day. But, ideally I would like more profit. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get there. Since I have such a hard time trading after a move (like my mind thinks there is one move a day. setup for it, trade it and get out) I was thinking I need to be adding to my winners or start off with bigger size. The other option is to put on a lot more trades a la DTF, but I don't think I have the brain power to do that. Also, I may not see as many "pretty" trades as DTF sees/finds. If I had 500 shares of each stock, and went 2/3 I think I would be set. But in order to do that, I would have to be 100% that my winning % was up on that level, which right now it isn't. So I may have to go the DTF route. We will see. It's all an experiment.

good luck tomorrow. maybe i switch that to GLT for now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment