Thursday, September 23, 2010


crazy break from consolidation. very impressive. i had walked away by this point.

AKAM:

here i felt the stall coming. market was turning over. i think i was short APOL at this time and i didn't think this stock could push up any further. it is different from when i use to just hit out for nervousness. i really feel it's becoming more instinctual. i know i hit out early of NFG yesterday, but it did roll over right where i got out, only to go back up.



APOL:
i shorted on the rollover on the 5 and the inverted hammer on the 10. with a stock that is moving so fast, i am comfortable zooming in and using the smaller time frames. waiting for the 15 on a fast moving stock is not going to work. here i went after it again as it rolled over. i then doubled up, scaled out, and got out of the rest on the candle change. gorgeous short a few bars later as well.


COG:
dtf showed me this one. earlier today i thought it was an easy short on the 15min doji around 2pm. now, i am having some doubts as to what i would have done. Good chart for memory though.



Q:

Very impressive consolidation. For sure I am thinking here, long, long long. Impressive breakdown. I was happily napping away on the couch as this occurred.

I am at a strange point in trading now. I get some profits and I lock 'em up, afraid of giving back. I don't want to trade again. Thinking about it now, my main goal for my first year of trading was $100. I could never get there. Now, I am able to get there and my brain shuts down. I have to re-train the brain to think $300 is the goal. In reality, I should probably raise that to $500, because what happens a year from now, when I am succesfully making $300/day and I can't push past that point.  Better to just push for $500 now than have to re-train the brain one year from now.

Overall, a good day. My first trade was a loser and it did upset me. I started having doubts that I can read the market. That these siganls are ever present. I was convincing myself that the market is just "trading my style" the past few weeks. Another hurdle I need to get past. These signals are here everyday because it is human emotion driving the markets. That emotion will never change. Traders will see the stocks run up and want to start taking profits. Those profit taker's will inevitable trade the candle into a doji, and that's where I jump on. Human emotions won't change and that is why these signals will always be there. I must believe this fact.

Good luck tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome great fantastic trades! Beauties - way to play APOL. I know I saw it earlier, but looking at it again, you did exactly as you should: you got out early, but waited for the short to get back in. Nice job.

    Funky. I feel like we are both coming to grips with some of this stuff - only you have profits every day and I don't. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. it's making me nervous that it works everyday. i don't believe it.

    let me say, when you can get those losses to end, you are going to kick ass. your profits are amazing and i am trying to get there. without those crazy afternoon trades, i wonder if you would have been positive. i think when i start pushing it, i am going to have more losses and more wins. i just have to see which side comes out on top.

    ReplyDelete