Friday, September 17, 2010

i was buying SINA thinking it would double bottom. checking now, it seems it had doubled bottomed but turned back around. I was buying against the low of the day thinking I could get  better price. I would take this trade again. The 5 min for sure shows the stock rolling back over but you never know, it could have also popped back up at that point. After I got stopped, i went short but then said, no, this is a b.s. move, i'm not trusting it. so i closed it out. i don't know if this is my gut having a correct reading or a lack of confidence in my decision to short. alot of these moves lately i am just not trusting. hopefully, it is my gut telling  me something and not from lack of confidence in what i am seeing.

going back to fixing the car. i will review any charts i missed later. i had a decent morning so i decided to go take care of other things. i think i traded from 10:30 to 11:30 area, and it felt like forever. 


later entry that i would have liked but still a tight stop. stock didn't move very much. closed it when them market appeared to want to pop.

nice short call. very difficult holding on as stock came pennies from my stop. i remember getting upset and thinking how can i be so wrong. it is really silly this frame of mind but i can't get past it yet. i'm working on it. covered after it felt like it was done going down.

now this is very interesting to me. i was covering all the other stocks because the market was ticking up and the other stocks felt like they wanted to go higher. but, MON felt like it still wanted to go down. i remember thinking twice about closing this trade but i did it anyway. maybe i am starting to learn something after all this screen time. for sure you can see on the 5 min charts of the other stocks, they all seem to be consolidating or turning back up. but MON, looks like it is stuck in the down trend. also, i am seeing now, had i entered short on that prior 15min doji i would have been stopped out. all in the timing.


ooooeeeee. this would have been a sick hold.
one thing to note, i think i had some great reads on friday. but i don't know if i was in the flow and good trades came out of it, or if having 4/5 trades go my way relaxed me and put me in the flow. for sure, i remember being upset when FCX was going up after my short. but why? no reason. the other thing, the market went my way. that's the only reason these trades worked out. if the market continued to climb higher, none of these trades would have worked. it is all in the timing. and in this instance, i started shorting as the tickers were green and the q's seem to be pushing up.but the stocks were saying to me,"short me please"

No comments:

Post a Comment